Follow Me

Content

Wednesday 4 February 2015

Textiles Final Piece

So,I have been studying textiles since High School and have since carried it on to A level. I have always loved working with fabric and creating my own garments and textiles pieces so I thought I would share my first A level piece with you! 

My brief for this project was floral pattern and geometry and I researched many different artists and designers to inspire my final design.
I have to say it was a VERY long project (about 22 weeks) therefore I have a lot of build up work which eventually lead me to land on my final idea. It took a lot of experimenting and testing to choose what I was going to focus on, including etching (not my favourite!), collagraph, clay, applique and ink drawing.
My final piece became a framed wall hanging based around embroidery with the colour scheme of purple, navy and teal (to go perfectly with my bedroom). 
I had 3 weeks to complete it, 9 textiles lessons,and I did it! 
I have to say not everything went as planned but its quite an accomplishment that I got it to look even the smallest bit like my design! 
I would love to know what you think about my final piece and many more textiles posts are to come in the future! 

Thank you for reading! Xx 






10 comments:

  1. I know little to nothing about textiles but I LOVE this. <3

    xx Lindsay // Wandering 20-Something // Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    http://wandering20-something.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thankyou so much! Glad you like it <3

      Delete
  2. I also did textiles and I have to say this is lovely! Well done :)

    http://thefabuloushannahh.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! I would love to see some of your textiles pieces too! X

      Delete
  3. I literally know nothing about textiles but it looks like a lovely thing to do! It must take lots of time and effort to do something like this as well as patience, well donee x

    Dalal x, monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thankyou so much! Glad to know you like it <3 x

      Delete
  4. ooooh I love this! I recently looked at geometry in pattern also xx
    www.emilyjanewebb.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw thankyou! Its a good thing to look at for textiles! Xx

      Delete
  5. Lucky you to have chance study about textile. I wish I could study it.
    Love your blog, hope to see you soon on my blog

    xx
    http://liveitcolorfully.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love it 😊 you should make something at home! Thankyou so much, I will definitely check out your blog! Xx

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.

About me

About me
I love fashion, beauty and life so I want to share it with you! Hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I like running it!

Behind The Web

Welcome to my blog, Megan's Style Diary! I love sharing my ideas and thoughts about fashion, beauty and everyday life and this is where I document it! Enjoy reading!

Translate

Advertise here!

Popular Posts