Follow Me

Content

Monday 2 February 2015

My Everyday Makeup

I have to say, I have gone through quite a few makeup brands and products, some I have loved, some not so much, but I have finally landed on a set of makeup products and I truly believe they are the ones that I will continue to use for a long time to come.

The first product I use before I apply my makeup is the E45 moisturising cream. I have to say I love this moisturiser. My skin is VERY unpredictable, so whether my skin is dry or oily E45 is always a winner for me!


The next product I apply to my skin is the Bare Minerals Prime Time face primer. This is a primer of a gel consistency and primes your skin before foundation. When I first used this primer I originally thought it was too oily for my skin because of its consistency. Don't let it fool you! Once patted into the skin, this primer leaves your face feeling so soft and smooth for a perfect base, helping your makeup stay on ALL DAY!


My foundation in my opinion is a life saver! I wish I had tried this sooner because now I couldn't live without it. I use the Bare Minerals Original SPF 15 foundation in the shade Fairly Light. I have to say its the best foundation I have tried and it is perfect for my skin. The shade fits perfectly with my skin colour and it gives you a more natural look instead of that 'umpalumpa' look. As you can tell from the name, it is a mineral foundation so its perfect for people with oily skin and is super easy to apply. I definitely recommend it!


The next product I use is also, surprise surprise, from Bare Minerals! I use the Bare Minerals Warmth which is essentially a bronzer. It is quite a dark mineral bronzer so you don't need a lot on your brush at all! When applied, warmth gives you a radiant, healthy looking hue and contours your face perfectly. I use this everyday as it adds some much needed colour to my face!


Finally for my face, I use the Bare minerals Mineral Veil. This is a translucent finishing powder that leaves your makeup look feeling smooth and looking radiant. I have to say I don't use this everyday. I tend to leave it for special occasions or for when I'm feeling particularly enthusiastic about my makeup.


Moving on to my eyes! I take the longest on my eye makeup, this is the part of my routine that I must do and take the time to get it right.
The first step for my eyes is primer. I use the Benefit Stay Don't Stray eyeshadow primer to make sure my eye shadow stays all day! I have to say it does work for me! As far as eye primers go, I'm impressed with the way it works and helps my eye shadow stay put all day.


Next I move on to the eye shadow. I have been using the Fearne Cotton eye shadow palette for about 2 years and I have loved it so much! I use the gold shade all over my lid and take the dark brown colour and line my upper lash line and blend it it into the crease. I line my lower lash line with the same colour. I think this is a gorgeous palette and the gold and brown have done me very well, but I was so upset to learn it is no longer on sale! I'm going to have to find a new eye shadow palette, but I definitely would recommend this (if it was still available!) 



I have gone through many many different mascara's and I tend to change my mascara every time I buy a new one unless I really love the one I'm using! The mascara I am currently using is the Rimmel London Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara in black. I do really like this mascara! It makes my lashes look super long and full and I don't actually need to apply as much as I usually would with a different brand. Its also super cheap! Definitely recommend this!



Finally to complete my makeup look.. Lips! 
I don't own a lot of lip products, I stick to a select few that I really like. 
The product I use every day without fail on my lips is the eos pomegranate lip balm. This is the best lip balm I have tried, it makes my lips super soft and it tastes great!


When I feel like my lips need a bit of colour, I wear the Rouge Edition lipstick by Bourjois in the colour Rose Tweed.
I received this as a gift from a friend and it is such a pretty colour. I don't tend to wear bright lipsticks so this is a perfect natural shade for me.


The final product I use is lip gloss! I use the Bourjois 3D effect lip gloss in the colour Rose Chimeric. This is a lip gloss with a brush applicator making it so easy to apply. It is a perfect light pink colour and stays on my lips all day. I love it!


The brushes I use everyday are quite basic, but perfect for my makeup routine. From the right, the first brush is my foundation brush by Bare Minerals, the next is my Warmth/Bronzer brush also by Bare Minerals. The next brush is my concealer brush by Bare Minerals, my eye shadow blend and contour brush is the fourth one by No7 followed by my smoky eyeliner brush also by No7. 
These brushes are pretty inexpensive and great for everyday use!

Hope you liked my everyday makeup!

Thank you for reading! xx 

2 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

About me

About me
I love fashion, beauty and life so I want to share it with you! Hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I like running it!

Behind The Web

Welcome to my blog, Megan's Style Diary! I love sharing my ideas and thoughts about fashion, beauty and everyday life and this is where I document it! Enjoy reading!

Translate

Advertise here!

Popular Posts