Follow Me

Content

Wednesday 9 September 2015

What Fashion Means To Me


Fashion can be interpreted in a number of different ways. What you wear and how you wear it isn't just an everyday, get up and get dressed routine, it defines who you are as a person, shapes your personality, and becomes a part of your life that is so important, that without even realising, you are paying much more attention to what you wear everyday than you think. 
...
For all those get up and go, early birds, full of energy in the morning, I commend you. Having the motivation to open my eyes, wiggle my way out of bed (which seems way more comfy than it did the night before) and start my day is something I definitely struggle with. But the one aspect of my morning routine that truly makes me want to start my day is the idea of opening up the door to my wardrobe, browsing the sea of fabric on each and every hanger and carefully choosing my attire for the day ahead. 
What I choose to wear in the morning is a picture of who I am as a person, what my personality is and reflects my mood every single day. My indecisive side wants me to change outfit combinations constantly. That doesn't go, it's too cold to wear that, am I too casual, or am I trying to hard? The questions go on and honestly, questions are what makes fashion the amazing phenomenon it is today. 
...
I find myself constantly picking up new trends, whether they are from magazines, celebrities, high street stores or friends, I know that a new style is always around the corner, and I love it! The idea of fashion evolving over time, becoming different in the future, or bringing back styles from the past is such an overwhelming yet so exciting phenomenon and that is why it is inspiring so many people around the world to let their minds step into the craze and discover the ever changing world of the fashion industry.
...
Photography, journalism, styling, designing, selling, promoting. The list goes on for the vast amount of ways in which fashion is changing the world and the way we think. Every single day, the fashion industry are influencing so many people to achieve their dreams whether that is working within the fashion industry itself, or something completely different, fashion has a huge impact on how people live their lives. Sportswear or Office wear, Formal or Casual, Grunge or Girly. We may not always know it, but every style is influencing our day to day lives by shaping who we are as people. What we see in the shops, be it jeans, shoes, handbags or jewellery, makes us think about our mood and personality. We buy what we wear because we enjoy it, we are confident within ourselves when we wear it, we are who we want to be when we put on that piece of clothing or accessory, making the diverse range of individuals we see every day unique, all over the world. 
...
Fashion has changed the way we see everything. Fashion is art, business, personal and something everyone has a connection with, whether they know it or not.
It is all around us, we see it every day, and fashion is shaping people to be who they are today. 
 ...
That is what it means to me, but..
What does fashion mean to you?
...
 Megan
      xx      

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

About me

About me
I love fashion, beauty and life so I want to share it with you! Hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I like running it!

Behind The Web

Welcome to my blog, Megan's Style Diary! I love sharing my ideas and thoughts about fashion, beauty and everyday life and this is where I document it! Enjoy reading!

Translate

Advertise here!

Popular Posts